Kids Who Do Yoga:
- Have lots of fun
- Are creative, expressive & imaginative
- Have great body awareness
- Understand their mind-body connection
- Develop & improve strength & flexibility
- Develop & improve balance & coordination
- Enhance athletic ability & avoid/recover from injury
- Have improved digestion & circulation
- Utilize their breath for health & relaxation
- Boost their immune system
- Are self-confident & have great self-esteem
- Have a sense of self-discipline & self-control
- Are calm & less reactive
- Are quite self-directed & empowered
- Tend to sleep well
- Learn environmental awareness
- Feel connected to the world around them
- Enjoy a strong sense of community
- Respect them-self & others
- See more possibilities
- Have improved concentration, focus & attention
- Boost their brain power & are focused learners
- Enjoy clear minds
- Enjoy & respect quiet time
- Enjoy an overall sense of wellbeing
- Tap into their own sense of ability, magic & wonder
A Yogi’s Traditional Aspiraton:
Lokah Samastah Sukinoh Bhuvantu … translation: May all beings everywhere be happy and free, healthy and prosperous. May the actions I take, the words I speak, and the thoughts I think, contribute to this.
Kids Do Yoga’s Motto
“May all beings everywhere be happy and free, healthy and prosperous.”
May everyone, everywhere have plenty of nutritious, delicious food to eat, and clean water.
May everyone, everywhere have a safe, comfortable home, and may they live where they want to be.
May everyone, everywhere have lots and lots of love in their lives – just like we do.
And, may we all know peace in our world!
– as interpreted by Maggie Verderame